LinkedIn was established in 2003, has today 722 million members, (up from the 675 million in January 2020) (LinkedIn) and is therefore one of the most powerful social media platforms.
How many of the members are decision makers in the IT-industry?
1.7M – with 47% of these in the SMB market!
How can we reach them?
- Have a professional and client-focused LinkedIn profile and keep it updated. The #1 LinkedIn activity is viewing members profiles, so make sure you have one that appeals to your decision maker. Prior to starting any activities that will put you in front of key decision makers on LinkedIn, you need to first make sure that you have a professional profile that most important of all, is client-focused.
- Save decision-makers both in and out of your network as leads in Sales Navigator https://business.linkedin.com/sales-solutions/sales-navigator
- Send a personalized invitation to connect
- Share relevant content around topics they are more likely to engage with, so you can become a trusted source of insight.
- Post videos on LinkedIn! As of October 2018, Vimeo has expanded its social publishing features to let companies post videos directly on their LinkedIn pages.
- Post stories on LinkedIn. LinkedIn Stories enable members and organizations to share images and short videos of their everyday professional moments. Sharing Stories is an easy way to share your experiences and insights, and to build meaningful relationships with your professional community. LinkedIn shares Stories that you post for 24 hours.
- LinkedIn Live, lets you and your organization broadcast live video content to your network in real time, streams have increased 158 percent since February. (only available by applying and being accepted)
Post videos on LinkedIn
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others
- 95% of video marketers say video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision-making process
- 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available about the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch the video
- 65% of executives have visited a vendor’s site after watching a video
- 73% of B2B marketers say video has a positive impact on marketing ROI
- Prospects who view video of a product are 85% more likely to buy
- 54% of executives share videos with colleagues on at least a weekly basis
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos. (Google)
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (Insivia)
How effective are videos on LinkedIn?
Research from Forbes found that “executives tend to watch work-related video on business-related websites (75%) far more often than they watch the same type of content on YouTube (51%)”.
Your B2B video is much more likely to be seen by a decision maker when published on LinkedIn!
Video marketing will continue to heavily increase during 2021. In light of this and the fact that LinkedIn has a goal of reaching 3 billion members in the future – your should use LinkedIn as a publishing platform for creating trust and good customer relationships
Using video gives you a chance to give your audience a better first impression of you, your products and services – humanizing your organization. With a video:
They see you before you see them
They hear you before you hear them
They get to know you before you get to know them
We believe that the best, most educating videos, and the ones that create the most trust, are the videos you and your organization create yourselves. Need some help to get started? Check out our Video Workshop or call us at any time and we would love to help you create amazing videos your customers are going to love!